MONROE, NC – The Dart Kart Club and Championship Enduro Series are joining forces in 2016 in promotion of two marquee Midwest Road Race karting events.
The June 17-19 event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and July 9-10 race at Grattan Raceway in Michigan will be included on two Road Race Series’ schedules – the Championship Enduro Series and AKRA Vega Tire Road Race Series. As always, Mid-Ohio will be hosted by the Dart Kart Club and for the second consecutive year the event will be one of the highlights of the AKRA Road Race Series. For the first time ever, the Championship Enduro Series has made Mid-Ohio a CES points race with their new partnership with Dart Kart and AKRA.
Dart Kart and CES’s new teaming will extend to Grattan in July, where CES will host the event and be supported by Dart Kart and AKRA, which has made Grattan round four of the 2016 AKRA Road Race Series.
The partnership comes in an aligned effort to strengthen Road Race karting, work to boost participation and competition at Mid-Ohio and Grattan, and strengthen both the CES and Dart Kart / AKRA programs.
The AKRA Road Race Series kicks off March 23-25 at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC. This will mark the first AKRA Road Race at CMP, and the event will be run in conjunction with the new AKRA American Sprint Cup Series “Southeast Tour,” which will run its inaugural event at the CMP 0.7-mile kart track the same weekend.
Here’s a look at each series’ 2016 schedules.
AKRA Vega Tire Road Race Series
- March 18-20 – Carolina Motorsports Park (Hosted by AKRA)
- May 21-22 – Michigan International Speedway (Hosted by Michigan Kart Club)
- June 17-19 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Hosted by Dart Kart Club, in conjunction with CES)
- July 9-10 – Grattan Raceway (Hosted by CES, in conjunction with Dart Kart Club)
- 24-25 – Michigan International Speedway (Hosted by Michigan Kart Club)
Championship Enduro Series
- May 7-8 – Gateway Motorsports Park
- June 4-5 – Blackhawk Farms Raceway
- June 17-19 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Hosted by Dart Kart Club)
- July 9-10 – Grattan Raceway
- August 6-7 – Blackhawk Farms Raceway
- 10-11 – Gingerman Raceway